We often run to others for answers because we don’t want to make a mistake. But, the right answer is never outside of us so it can never be found out there.
The right answer requires that we sit through our discomfort with and fear of ourselves. It requires us to ask ourselves the questions and then take the risk of listening to ourselves.
This is what “following the heart” is all about. No saint, yogi, spiritual guide, life coach, therapist, or friend knows. Only the heart knows.
The only way through is through your own heart.
Down in the dumps survival kit:
- Take one day at a time. Don’t try to plan out more than a day.
- Minimize being around people who you feel judged by.
- Place any message that reminds you to relax and trust life by your head side. Read it first thing in the morning before the mind starts it’s negative talk.
- Drink water (maybe with lemon).
- Eat at least one good meal a day.
- Connect with a source of humor everyday (humor can be a real liferaft).
- Shower or bathe to remove toxic energy.
- Pay attention to the music you listen to. Only listen to those songs that make you feel good.